My Introduction to Korean Skincare and Beauty Products

I am considered a really late-comer when it comes to Korean skincare. So it was a wonder to me during my trip to Seoul, South Korea because ...

I am considered a really late-comer when it comes to Korean skincare. So it was a wonder to me during my trip to Seoul, South Korea because everywhere you turn, there are countless of Korean beauty brands along the streets, shopping centres and even underground shopping malls.



I didn't really expect to shop a lot on skin care and cosmetics during my short trip, it was only 4 days, totally regretted for booking such a short holiday! Most of the time there I spent on sightseeing and food-hunting. Seoul is indeed a foodie paradise for people like me who really love Korean food! Besides food, the city offers so much to see and shop. Even hubby enjoyed it.


That's me at the center of Myeong-dong after arriving from a 6 hour overnight flight. Hello Seoul!

As I'm staying in Penang, there is already a number of Korean beauty brands with boutique stores available at the major shopping malls like Gurney Plaza and Queensbay Mall. The brands I've heard of are Etude House, Laneige, The Face Shop, Skin Food, TonyMoly and Nature Republic. These brands are already huge here, and there are so many more famous brands that haven't arrived in Penang.

Some of the nice Korean beauty brands I came across are MISSHA, Innisfree, Banila Co, IOPE, Holika Holika and Too Cool For School. There are so many products available from skin care, sheet masks and cosmetics. They all come in really nice packaging featuring super cute characters!

So after my encounter / exposure to Korean beauty brands, I am very inspired to try out these products. Don't be shocked by my shopping and beauty haul from Korea.

Seoul Korean Beauty Haul

It is well known that Korean women maintain their beautiful and youthful skin by following a comprehensive skin care routine. There's a range of steps or products in Korean skin care which are practiced every day. Let's call this the 7-11 rule.

K-Beauty - The Morning Routine (7 steps)

  • Cleanser
  • Toner
  • Serum
  • Essence
  • Eye Cream
  • Moisturizer / Day Cream
  • SPF / BB Cream


K-Beauty - The Evening Routine (11 steps)

  • Oil-based Cleanser
  • Foam Cleanser (double-cleanse)
  • Exfoliate / Scrub *every 3 days
  • Toner
  • Ampoule
  • Serum
  • Essence
  • Emulsion
  • Eye Cream
  • Mask *every 3 days
  • Moisturizer / Night Cream

Wow, those are A LOT of steps! And a lot of products, too. I will be selecting the products for each of the steps and share my review soon. Let's do this for a month and see the results!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram